We hope this letter finds you and your loved ones healthy and enjoying the beautiful fall weather.
OUR OFFICE IS OPEN FOR ALL OF YOUR DENTAL NEEDS.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep both you and us safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes at your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect everyone. For example:
- We will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive to our office.
- We ask that you please wear a mask to your appointment and enter the office with it on, covering your nose and mouth.
- We have hand sanitizer and ask that you use it upon entering the office.
- You temperature will be taken upon arrival.
- We have installed protective barriers at our reception desk.
- There will no longer be magazines in the waiting room.
- Appointment times will be managed to allow for social distancing and we ask that you bring only persons who have appointments and no one extra, if possible.
- We are continuously sanitizing the bathroom, countertops, and door handles for your protection.
- We are utilizing more high speed suctioning to minimize the aerosol spray from our laser, drills, and dental cleaning units.
- We are installing HEPA filtration units in the office which will filter out airborne particles throughout the entire office.
- We may look a little different, our personal protective equipment (PPE) has gotten a little more elaborate, but it still is us behind all of it!
- You will be using a pre-op rinse to help kill any germs in your mouth before you sit down in the dental chair.
- AND THE LIST GOES ON….
PLEASE BE REASSURED THAT WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN TO PROTECT BOTH YOU AND OURSELVES. I FEEL CONFIDENT THAT WE ARE ALL AS SAFE AS WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN THIS OFFICE.
As the ADA, CDC, and OSHA change their guidance, you may see further changes in our office. We are staying very current with their recommendations and will implement them as necessary.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and everyone who enters our office safe.
We are truly blessed having you as part of our “family”. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
Wendy & Mellissa